Friday, September 9, 2011

"I Don't Know....

Google: ...but I will find out."
"I don't know" has to be among the most difficult phrases a doctor must utter from time to time. Well, let me adjust that comment...must is not quite correct. There are some that will not say it, regardless of whether they are speaking to a patient, friend, or family member.
Where these 3 meager words acquired their cloak of darkness I do not know. It must have been somewhere along the way when physicians began to embrace their status of "God".

None of us have or ever will have complete knowledge of ANYTHING. Get used to it. It is OK. It is exciting - to not know everything lends an opportunity every single day to learn something new - as long as one takes the extra step of trying to learn.

As for those who insist that they DO know everything...run far, far away. That person is dangerous. Either they do not know what they do not know, or they lie.


'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment